This module will provide insights into management basics specific to knowledge intensive and UBC project and partnerships, using in particular The Partnership Stairway for managing relationships, projects, etc.
Download the presentation
Watch the Session
The following sources are designated as recommended reading for this module:
- Baaken, T., Kliewe, T. & Davey, T. (2008) How To Get The Most Out Of The Networking & Innovation Process - The Partnering Approach: Partner Relationship Management At Muenster University Of Applied Sciences. Proceedings of PODIM - 28th Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation: The Power of Networking, Maribor, Slovenia.
- Bruneel, J., d’Este, P., & Salter, A. (2010). Investigating the factors that diminish the barriers to university–industry collaboration. Research policy, 39(7), 858-868.
- Davey, T., Meerman, A., Galán-Muros, V., Orazbayeva, B., Baaken, T. (2018) The State of University-Business Cooperation in Europe. Belgium. European Commission, DG Education & Culture. ISBN: 978-92-79-80971-2. Download here.
- Elmuti, D., Abebe, M. & Nicolosi, M. (2005) An overview of strategic alliances between universities and corporations. The Journal of Workplace Learning, 17(1-2), 115-129
- Edmondson, G. (2012). Making industry-university partnerships work. Science/Business Innovation Board AISB. Download here.
- Hemmert, M., Bstieler, L., & Okamuro, H. (2014). Bridging the cultural divide: Trust formation in university–industry research collaborations in the US, Japan, and South Korea. Technovation, 34(10), 605-616.
- Junker C. (2016) Introduction to Consistent Partnering. In: Success with consistent partners. Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden. Access here
- Perkmann, M., & Salter, A. (2012). How to Create Productive Partnerships With Universities. MIT Sloan Management Review, 53(53417). Download here.
- Plewa, Carolin; Korff, Nisha; Baaken, Thomas; Macpherson, Greg (2013) University–industry linkage evolution: an empirical investigation of relational success factors; R&D Management, 2013, 43(4), 365-380. Download here.
- Plewa, C., Quester, P., Baaken, T., (2005). Relationship Marketing and University-Industry Linkages: A Conceptual Framework. Marketing Theory, Vol. 5, pp. 431-454.
- Plewa, C., Quester, P. G., Baaken, T., (2006). Organisational Culture Differences and Market Orientation: An Exploratory Study of Barriers to University-Industry Relationships. International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialisation, 5(5), 373-389.
- Schröder, C., Baaken, T. and Korff, N., 2012. The Triangle for Innovation in Knowledge Transfer and Partnering at Münster University of Applied Sciences. In: G. Gorzka (Ed), Knowledge Transfer - The New Core Responsibility of Higher Education Institutions. Practice and Perspectives in Russia and Germany, Kassel university press, Kassel, 241 pp. Download here.